John Carpenter’s horror classic “The Fog” is getting a newly restored 3-Disc 4K Zavvi exclusive Steelbook release in October
Studio Canal and Zavvi are teaming up to bring us a set of newly restored 4K John Carpenter steelbooks.
One of the movies we’ll be getting will be this new release of The Fog, featuring stunning artwork by acclaimed fan favourite Matt Ferguson.
The contents are slightly different to the Collector’s Edition. While we won’t be getting the soundtrack CD or in-box extras, we’ll still be getting the movie on 4K and Blu-ray discs, and a jam-packed disc of extras. The artwork – again by Matt Ferguson – will be different, though no less impressive. In fact, we prefer this one to the Collector’s Edition art.
Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time Friday September 14th, so ignore the ‘sold out’ button until then.
Antonio Bay, California has turned a hundred years old. As the residents of this small, quaint harbour town begin to celebrate, an eerie fog envelops the shore and from its midst emerge dripping, demonic spectres, victims of a century old shipwreck…seeking revenge.
Starring Jamie Lee Curtis, the FOG is a tense and ghoulish tale that confirms John Carpenter as a master of terror.
- Retribution: Uncovering John Carpenter’s THE FOG: New Making Of / Retro documentary: A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Cinematographer Dean Cundey, production designer/editor Tommy Lee Wallace, photographer Kim Gottleib-Walker, make-up effects artist Steve Johnson, Carpenter biographer John Muir, music historian Daniel Schweiger, visual effects historian Justin Humphreys and assistant Larry Franco
- The Shape of The Thing to Come: John Carpenter Un-filmed: a brand new featurette looking at the John Carpenter films that never were
- Easter Egg – surprise!
- Intro by John Carpenter – an interview with director John Carpenter originally recorded for a French DVD release in 2003
- Scene Analysis by John Carpenter – Director John Carpenter analyses key scenes from The Fog, in an interview from 2003
- Fear on Film: Inside the Fog (1980) – A vintage featurette which includes an interview with John Carpenter
- The Fog: Storyboard to Film – original storyboards
- TV Spots
- Theatrical Trailers
- Photo gallery incl. Behind the Scenes
- Audio Commentary with writer/director John Carpenter and writer/director Debra Hill
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds with Sean Clark – a fun tour of the film’s locations hosted by Sean Clark
- Audio commentary with actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins and production designer Tommy Lee Wallace