John Carpenter’s classic sci-fi horror satire “They Live” is getting a newly restored 4-Disc 4K Collector’s Edition release in October
Studio Canal have been hard at work, restoring four classic John Carpenter movies for release in glorious 4K Collector’s Editions.
One of the movies we’ll be getting will be this new release of They Live, featuring stunning artwork by acclaimed fan favourite Matt Ferguson.
We’ll be getting the movie on 4K and Blu-ray discs, a jam-packed disc of extras and a soundtrack CD, along with a booklet, art cards and a poster.
We’re waiting on confirmation of a steelbook release, but pre-orders for the Collector’s Edition are live now, and we’ll add more details and links as we get them.
This 4 disc limited Collector’s Edition of John Carpenter’s 1988 cult classic THEY LIVE has been stunningly restored in 4K. This release is beautifully packaged with a stylish, newly commissioned illustration on the cover. It contains a UHD of the feature as well as a Blu-ray feature disc, extra features disc and the original soundtrack on CD. It also contains 5 artcards, a newly illustrated theatrical poster and booklet containing behind the scenes stills, articles and an essay from celebrated film journalist Kim Newman.
WWF wrestler “Rowdy” Roddy Piper plays John Nada, a homeless, unemployed construction worker who discovers a pair of sunglasses that when worn, suddenly reveal a world run by capitalist, yuppie aliens intent on keeping the human race sedate and brainwashed with subliminal messages fed through advertising and the media. Luckily for us all Nada is a man of action and so begins the fight-back (including perhaps the longest fistfight in cinema’s history) to save humankind.
- (1 UHD, 1 Blu-ray feature, 1 Blu-ray extras, 1 CD Soundtrack)
- 1 poster
- 5 artcards
- 48 page book
- Subversion: Exposing John Carpenter’s THEY LIVE – A brand new feature-length documentary featuring interviews with Associate producer Sandy King, cinematographer Gary Kibbe, actor Peter Jason, actor Robert Grasmere, composer Alan Howarth, stunt coordinator/Ghoul Jeff Imada, author Jonathan Letham, music historian Daniel Schweiger, Blumhouse editor Rebekah McKendry, and visual effects historian Justin Humphreys
- Original EPK: The Making of They Live (1988)
- John Carpenter profile – vintage profile of the director
- Meg Foster profile – vintage profile of the actress
- Roddy Piper profile – vintage profile of the actor
- Audio Commentary with John Carpenter & Roddy Piper
- Independent Thoughts with John Carpenter – a 2012 interview with director John Carpenter
- Woman of Mystery: Interview with Meg Foster – a 2012 interview with actress Meg Foster
- Man vs Aliens: Interview with Keith David – a 2012 interview with actor Keith David
- Fake commercials in the film 2.34 mins
- TV spots
- Photo gallery