Kubrick fans rejoice! “Stanley Kubrick: The Masterpiece Collection” is coming to Amazon USA in November
Check this shit out! Warner Bros, via an Amazon USA exclusive, are releasing this incredible box set featuring 10 classic Kubrick movies, along with two newly-produced documentaries: Kubrick Remembered and Stanley Kubrick in Focus, plus three additional documentaries: Once Upon a Time…’A Clockwork Orange’, Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures, and O Lucky Malcolm! Also included will be a new 78-page hardcover photo book using film archive photographs.
It’s heading our way on November 4th.
As a Warner release, hopefully this will be region free as usual, but also hopefully this will get a UK release – I don’t fancy those customs charges!
Check out the details below:
Pre-order: Amazon USA
- Disc 1 – Lolita (1962)
- Disc 2 – Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
- Disc 3 – 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
- Disc 4 – A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Disc 5 – Barry Lyndon (1975)
- Disc 6 – The Shining (1980)
- Disc 7 – Full Metal Jacket (1987)
- Disc 8 – Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
- Disc 9 – Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures / O’ Lucky Malcolm!
- Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures – Stanley Kubrick’s career comes into sharp focus in the compelling and revealing documentary narrated by Tom Cruise. A detailed picture of the cinematic legend emerges via fascinating footage of Kubrick in his early years, at work on film sets and at home, and via candid commentary from collaborators, colleagues, and family. From the music he chose to the cameras he used to his unrealized projects (including A.I. Artificial Intelligence, the much- anticipated Kubrick project directed by Steven Spielberg), you’ll uncover a treasure trove of film-buff information. Drawing on Kubrick archives, it offers for the first time a truly intimate portrait of his life among family and friends. There has never been a more essential visual companion piece to the man and his movies.
- O’ Lucky Malcolm! – Documentary about the life and career of actor Malcolm McDowell produced and directed by Jan Harlan.
- Disc 10 – Kubrick Remembered / Stanley Kubrick in Focus / Once Upon a Time … A Clockwork Orange
- Kubrick Remembered – NEW – A new look into the Kubrick archives, with special appearances by Christiane Kubrick. Featuring never-seen footage of Stanley’s works, his house and his film production facilities.
- Stanley Kubrick in Focus – NEW to Blu-ray – Spielberg, Soderbergh, Stone, Friedkin, Scorsese and others tell how Kubrick’s directorial style influenced them and how his unique style was developed.
- Once Upon a Time … A Clockwork Orange – NEW to the U.S. – Co-written by critic Michel Ciment and featuring interviews with a psychologist and a sociologist, Once Upon a Time … ‘A Clockwork Orange’ is a wonderfully unusual cine-documentary that focuses more on the titular movie’s historical context and philosophy than on its production and reception. The documentary benefits from archival audio commentary by the late Stanley Kubrick, who offers his rationale for making the controversial, devilishly prescient proto-punk cult classic: “Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.”