The brilliant thriller “The Guest” is getting a new 4K Collectors Edition release from Second Sight
From director Adam Wingard and writer Simon Barret, the team who brought us You’re Next and Blair Witch, The Guest is getting a brand new, feature packed Collectors Edition release from the awesome gang at Second Sight.
As well as the film on 4K and Blu-ray with a ton of new extras, you’ll also get a new 160 page book, soundtack CD, art cards, and – if you order direct from Second Sight – an additional 3 exclusive art cards.
BE WARNED – this is NOT a cheap release, at £50. To their credit, Second Sight have been open about this, and have explained that licensing costs for the CD were very high. For those who’d rather wait and save some cash, they’ve confirmed a standard 4K release WILL follow next year.
David is the perfect guest. Friendly and helpful, the charismatic soldier arrives at the Peterson family’s doorstep claiming to have been a friend of their beloved son who recently died in action. The Petersons welcome David into their home and into their lives, but when people in town start dying under mysterious circumstances, their teenage daughter Anna begins to suspect that David isn’t who he claims to be.
- 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
- Brand new grade for both formats supervised by Director Adam Wingard
- UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
- New commentary by Director Adam Wingard and Writer Simon Barrett
- Archive commentary by Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
- The Uninvited Guest: a new interview with Actor Dan Stevens
- A Perfect Stranger: a new interview with Actor Maika Monroe
- By Invitation Only: a new interview with Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
- Producing The Guest: a new interview with Producers Keith Calder and Jess Wu Calder
- Light and Fog: a new interview with Director of Photography Robby Baumgartner
- Lightning Strikes: a new interview with Production Designer Tom Hammock
- The Sounds of The Guest: a new interview with Composer Steve Moore
- Deleted / Alternate Scenes, Outtake Gag with optional Director commentary
Limited Edition contents:
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
- Dual UHD / Blu-ray format
- Various Artists Soundtrack CD
- 160-page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoe Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
- 6 collectors’ art cards
Exclusive to direct Second Sight orders:
- 3 art card reproductions of the on-set Halloween Dance posters