Zavvi and Arrow are bringing us a Steelbook re-release of John Carpenter’s cult classic “Big Trouble in Little China”
After first seeing a trade-wide release at the end of 2013, Big Trouble in Little China is coming back to UK steelbook, with some new artwork, and exclusive to Zavvi.
We’re not expecting the contents of the disc to change (see below for what you should be getting), so this one’s really for completists only, or those who missed out on the first release.
The release date for the new edition is currently penciled in for February 26th, and pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on February 3rd, so ignore the ‘sold out’ button until then.
Following Escape from New York and The Thing, John Carpenter and Kurt Russell re-unite for this mystical, action, adventure, comedy, kung-fu, monster, ghost story!
Russell plays Jack Burton, a reasonable guy who is about to experience some unreasonable things in San Francisco’s Chinatown. As his friend’s fiancée is kidnapped Jack becomes embroiled in a centuries-old battle between good and evil. At the root of it all is Lo Pan, a 2000-year-old magician who rules an empire of evil spirits. Jack goes to the rescue dodging demons, goblins and the unstoppable Three Storms as he battles through Lo Pan’s dark domain.
One of Carpenters most enjoyable and best loved films, Big Trouble in Little China brilliantly juggles delirious set-pieces, comedy and kung-fu action with a razor sharp script of corking one-liners, as Jack would say ‘It’s all in the reflexes’.
- Limited Edition Steelbook Packaging
- High Definition Presentation of the Film From a Digital Transfer Prepared by Twentieth Century Fox
- Optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
- Isolated 5.1 DTS-HD Isolated Score Soundtrack
- Audio Commentary with Director John Carpenter and Star Kurt Russell
- Return to Little China – A Brand New Interview with John Carpenter
- Being Jack Burton – A Brand New Interview with Kurt Russell
- Carpenter and I – A Brand New Interview with Cinematographer Dean Cundey
- A New Interview with Producer Larry Franco
- Interview with Visual Effects Producer Richard Edlund
- Vintage Making-of Featurette Featuring Cast and Crew
- Extended Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Gallery of Behind-the-Scenes Images
- 3 Original Trailers
- TV Spots