Action-packed western remake “The Magnificent Seven” is getting a ‘Day Zero’ limited Collectors Edition
While HMV have the exclusive UK steelbook release of the movie, you can also pre-order this very nice looking limited ‘Day Zero’ Collectors Edition, which is only available via online pre-order.
The release date is still TBC, but pre-orders are live now, and you can check out the contents below.
Day Zero Limited Edition Blu-ray – only available at pre-order
A rigid shoebox with a crate outer design which contains:
- Hip flask with silhouette design etched on faux leather
- Metal sheriff badge
- Blu-ray with bonus disc
- Soundtrack of the feature film and James Horner’s last score
Director Antoine Fuqua brings his modern vision to a classic story in Metro-Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ and Columbia Pictures’ THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN.
With the sleepy town of Rose Creek under the deadly control of industrialist Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard), the desperate townspeople, led by Emma Cullen (Haley Bennett), employ protection from seven outlaws, bounty hunters, gamblers and hired guns – Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington), Josh Farraday (Chris Pratt), Goodnight Robicheaux (Ethan Hawke), Jack Horne (Vincent D’Onofrio), Billy Rocks (Byung-Hun Lee), Vasquez (Manuel Garcia-Rulfo), and Red Harvest (Martin Sensmeier). As they prepare the town for the violent showdown that they know is coming, these seven mercenaries find themselves fighting for more than money.
BONUS DISC – SEVEN TALES OF MAKING THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
A unique perspective on the making of this epic film, seven tales that will take you inside the world of the movie. Woven together with graphic and narrative elements to create the feel of an anthology of stories, be immersed in every detail of how the film was crafted by Director Antoine Fuqua and his cast & crew.
- WHY WE WANT TO BE COWBOYS Dives into why this cast loves the genre and realized a lifetime dream by strapping on six guns, climbing on a horse and living the Old West for a few months.
- FASTEST GUN IN THE WEST Explores the process of gun training and how master armourer and fast draw expert Thell Reed taught the Seven to shoot.
- THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN RIDE Takes us on horseback with the gang as they ride the trails of New Mexico. We will also get a hilarious tour of the Phony Pony from Chris Pratt.
- BUILDING ROSE CREEK Follows Production Designer Derek Hill on the massive task of designing and building the Western town that the film is set in. Complete with drone footage of the final accomplishment.
- THE MAN IN BLACK Costume Designer Sharen Davis created the unique looks of Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt and the rest of the Seven. Here, we get an inside look at the modern Western style of the wardrobe, from Faraday’s carefree “dirty-sexy” apparel, to Horn’s secluded mountain-man look, to Billy Rock’s unique gun belt.
- THE LEGEND OF THE WESTERN STUNTMAN The men who assembled to do the stunts and action for the movie were a collection of cowboy legends. We’ll watch them attack the 600+ saddle falls, the shootouts and the fights.
- A MAGNIFICENT HISTORY The guys take a look back at the 1960 iteration of The Magnificent Seven (and perhaps its sequels), and discuss the original versions of their characters, plot elements that have been updated for a modern audience, and the themes of the original that resonate to this day.