British horror classic “The Wicker Man” is getting a 5-disc 50th Anniversary 4K Collectors Edition release in September
On September 4th you’ll be able to pick up this incredible looking new 4K release of The Wicker Man, featuring a ton of new and legacy special features.
Pre-orders are live right now.
THE WICKER MAN has had an enduring fascination for audiences since its release in 1973. A unique and bone-fide horror masterpiece, brilliantly scripted by Anthony Schaffer (Sleuth, Frenzy) and featuring an astounding performance by the legendary Christopher Lee. Director Robin Hardy’s atmospheric use of location, unsettling imagery and haunting soundtrack gradually builds to one of the most terrifying and iconic climaxes in modern cinema.
When a young girl mysteriously disappears, Police Sergeant Howie (Edward Woodward) travels to a remote Scottish island to investigate. But this pastoral community, led by the strange Lord Summerisle (Christopher Lee) is not what it seems as the devoutley religious detective soon uncovers a secret society of wanton lust and pagan blasphemy. Can Howie now stop the cults ultimate sacrifice before he himself comes face to face with the horror of THE WICKER MAN?
- 5-disc 4K UHD collector’s edition rigid ‘book’ pop-up packaging, including all 3 cuts of the film restored in 4K (*Pop-up artwork coming soon)
- X1 exclusive EP featuring artists from Heavenly records covering songs from the soundtrack
- 64 page booklet, featuring brand new essays
- 3 ‘postcards from Summerisle’
- 2 posters (original theatrical artwork and new artwork)
Extras included on the disc are:
- NEW – Locations featurette
- NEW – Shaffer and Hardy
- NEW – Robin Hardy’s original script
- NEW – Interview with Britt Ekland
- Worshipping The Wicker Man
- The Music of The Wicker Man
- Interview with Robin Hardy (2013)
- Interview with Robin Hardy and Christopher Lee (1979)
- Making of commentary
- Stills gallery