David Cronenberg’s “Scanners” is getting a great looking Criterion Collection release in the USA
One of David Cronenberg’s best movies, Scanners still holds up today, especially in terms of special effects, and it’s heading to the Criterion Collection on July 15th
You’ll be glad to hear that this isn’t just a re-packaging of the UK steelbook release from last year, which was great in its own right – this one comes with its own unique set of extras. Criterion releases are region-locked, but this one is worth picking up if your player can support it.
And check out the newly produced artwork!
Pre-order: Amazon US
- New, restored 2K digital film transfer, supervised by director David Cronenberg, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- The “Scanners” Way, a new documentary on the film’s special effects
- New interview with actor Michael Ironside
- The Ephemerol Diaries, a 2012 interview with actor and artist Stephen Lack
- Excerpt from a 1981 interview with Cronenberg on the CBC’s The Bob McLean Show
- Stereo (1969), Cronenberg’s first feature film
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Kim Newman
- New cover by Connor Willumsen