Horror cult classic “Society” is coming to special edition Blu-ray from Arrow in May
On May 18th Arrow are bringing us this new special edition release of the horror movie Society, directed by Brian Yuzna, the producer the legendary Re-Animator.
It’s NOT a steelbook, but, as an Arrow release it’s set to be packed with extras, and is definitely an essential for genre fans.
Pre-order: Amazon UK
After producing Stuart Gordon’s hit Re-Animator, Brian Yuzna (Bride of Re-Animator, Return of the Living Dead III) turned his hand to directing with 1989’s Society, and gave birth to one of the ickiest, most original body horror shockers of all time.
Teenager Bill Whitney (Billy Warlock) has always felt like the odd one out in his wealthy, upper-class Beverly Hills family. For some reason, he just doesn’t seem to fit in. But his sense of alienation takes a sinister turn when he overhears a surreptitious audio recording of his sister’s coming-out party, which seems to implicate his family and others in a bizarre, ritualistic orgy. And then there are the strange things he’s been seeing – glimpses of people with their bodies contorted impossibly out of shape… Is Billy going mad or is there something seriously amiss in his neighbourhood?
Packing stomach-churning grue and thought-provoking social commentary in equal measure, Society is a biting horror satire which culminates in one of the most leftfield, gag-inducing “climaxes” in all of horror history – just don’t eat beforehand!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- New Audio Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
- Governor Of Society with Brian Yuzna
- The Masters Of The Hunt with stars Billy Warlock, Devin Devasquez, Ben Meyerson and Tim Bartell
- The Champions Of The Shunt with FX Artists Screaming Mad George, David Grasso and Nick Benson
- Screaming Mad George music video
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
- Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters