The brilliant lockdown horror “Host” is getting a feature-packed Limited Edition release from Second Sight in February
While 2020 caused mayhem for a huge number of big budget cinema releases, it also helped showcase some ingenious creativity, as filmmakers quickly learned to work within the limitations imposed by lockdowns around the world.
The best of the bunch was the British horror movie Host, which shows us what happens when a seance-by-Zoom goes seriously wrong.
Originally released to great acclaim on horror streaming service Shudder, and following a small scale cinema release, Second Sight are now bringing us a loaded Limited Edition release on February 22nd.
Pre-orders are live now, and we’ll add more links as we get them
Six friends hire a medium to hold a seance via Zoom during 2020’s lockdown. Some take it more seriously than others however and they get a lot more than they bargained for when they inadvertently anger a demonic spirit.
- New exclusive commentary by Director Rob Savage and Producer Douglas Cox
- New exclusive cast commentary
- New exclusive cast interview
- Behind‐the‐Scenes feature
- ‘Is There Goblins Now?’ – the original prank video
- ‘Kate Scare’ – prank video test run
- Rob Savage’s short films Dawn of the Deaf and Salt
- The Host Team Séance
- BFI Q&A with Rob Savage, Gemma Hurley, Jed Shepherd, Douglas Cox, Haley Bishop, Brenna Rangott, Caroline Ward
- Evolution of Horror interview with Rob Savage, Gemma Hurley and Jed Shepherd
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Rigid slipcase featuring new artwork by Thomas Walker
- Perfect‐bound booklet with the original story outline and new essays by Ella Kemp and Rich Johnson
- 6 collectors’ art cards (additional exclusive 7th card included when ordering direct from Second Sight)