The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition getting a fantastic Collectors Edition from Amazon USA
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition is coming to Amazon.com as an exclusive 5-Disc collectors edition, including a 7″ limited edition “Riddles in the Dark” statue.
The Extended Edition of the movie itself will run approx 13 minutes longer, while the extras, in true Peter Jackson style, run to about 9 hours. The set is due for release on November 5th, and you can check out all the details and pre-order link below (click images to enlarge):
About the sculpture:
“Riddles in the Dark” was sculpted by Gary Hunt from Weta Workshop. Gary is part of the wider Weta team who worked on the film. The figurine is approximately 2.07 lbs. Size: 8” wide, 5.25” deep and 7” tall. The outer giftset box is illustrated by the film’s concept artists Alan Lee and John Howe. Join Peter Jackson on the Journey to the World’s Greatest Adventure Five-disc Extended Edition includes 13 minutes of revealing never-before-seen film footage and nearly 9 hours of fascinating in-depth looks at the production.
- THE FILMMAKERS’ COMMENTARY Director/writer/producer Peter Jackson and writer/co-producer Philippa Boyens provide their Perspective and stories on creating the first film of The Hobbit.
- NEW ZEALAND: HOME OF MIDDLE-EARTH From Matamata to Queenstown, travel with Peter Jackson and his team across the stunning locations of New Zealand, transformed by the filmmakers into Middle-Earth.
- THE APPENDICES PART 7 – A LONG-EXPECTED JOURNEY: The Chronicles of The Hobbit. A fourteen-part chronological history of the filming of An Unexpected Journey, covering pre-production in the various departments of the film in the months leading up to the start of principal photography, the boot camp training for the main cast, and the work done on set chronologically through the three shooting blocks and in the world of its digital effects
- THE JOURNEY BACK TO MIDDLE-EARTH
- RIDDLES IN THE DARK– Gollum’s Cave
- AN UNEXPECTED PARTY– Bag End
- ROAST MUTTON–Trollshaws Forest
- BASTION OF THE GREENWOOD– Rhosgobel
- A SHORT REST– Rivendell and London
- OVER HILL– The Misty Mountains
- UNDER HILL–Goblin Town
- OUT OF THE FRYINGPAN…– The Forest Ledge
- RETURN TO HOBBITON– The Shire
- THE EPIC OF SCENE 88– Strath Taieri
- THE BATTLE OF MORIA– Azanulbizar
- EDGE OF THE WILDERLAND- Pick‐ups and the Carrock
- HOME IS BEHIND, THE WORLD AHEAD
- THE APPENDICES PART 8 – RETURN TO MIDDLE-EARTH THE COMPANY OF THORIN Explores the characters and backgrounds of the five families of dwarves and the company of actors chosen to play Thorin’s company on the Quest of the Lonely Mountain
- ASSEMBLING THE DWARVES · THORIN, FILI & KILI · BALIN & DWALIN · OIN & GLOIN · DORI, NORI & ORI · BIFUR, BOFUR & BOMBUR
- MR. BAGGINS: THE 14TH MEMBER A revealing look at the film’s charismatic and talented lead actor, Martin Freeman
- DURIN’S FOLK: CREATING THE DWARVES Reveals the journey and process of designing, conceptualizing and physically realizing the dwarves in The Hobbit
- THE PEOPLES AND DENIZENS OF MIDDLE‐EARTH Focuses on the realization of new characters and creatures we encounter in Film 1, from casting to characterization to physical and digital design. Including the Stone Trolls; Radagast the Brown; the Great Goblin and his horde; and Azog the Defiler
- THE STONE TROLLS
- RADAGAST THE BROWN
- AZOG THE DEFILER
- REALMS OF THE THIRD AGE: FROM BAG END TO GOBLIN TOWN Follows the creation of the Middle–‐earth locations from conceptual design, to set and prop building to fully digital realities. Realms explored include Hobbiton, Rhosgobel, Rivendell, The Misty Mountains and Goblin Town
- THE SONGS OF THE HOBBIT A look at the realization of Tolkien’s songs in Film 1.