Blockbuster sci-fi sequel “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” is getting new 30th Anniversary 4K Steelbook and Collectors Edition releases
Terminator 2: Judgement Day is 30 years old. Just let that one sink in for a bit… Anyway, Studio Canal will be bringing us a couple of new 4K releases to celebrate, including a steelbook edition, a vinyl edition featuring the score on double LP, and a Zavvi exclusive Collectors Edition.
Both will include the movie on 4K & Blu-ray, as well as a 3D version, and a nice looking selection of bonus features. Studio Canal have confirmed that this will use the same disappointingly over-DNRd 4K transfer as the previous release.
Pre-orders are live right now.
James Cameron’s epic action, sci-fi masterpiece starring Arnold Schwarzenegger in his most iconic role, first hit cinema screens in 1991, 30 years later Terminator 2 is still considered one of the greatest action blockbusters of all time. It has been 10 years since the events of Terminator. Sarah Connor’s ordeal is only just beginning as she struggles to protect her son John, the future leader of the human resistance against the machines, from a new Terminator, T1000 sent back in time to eliminate John Connor while he’s still a child. Sarah and John don’t have to face this terrifying threat alone however. The human resistance have managed to send them an ally, a warrior from the future ordered to protect John Connor at any cost. The battle for tomorrow has begun…
- T2: Reprogramming The Terminator documentary (including exclusive interviews with James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edward Furlong and many more) – 55 mins
- 2 Feature Commentaries:
- 23 Members of Cast & Crew (1993)
- Director James & Co-Author William Wisher
- The Making of T2 (1993)
- 2D Blu-ray only – Seamless Branching Of The Theatrical Version (137 mins approx.), Special Edition Version (154 mins approx.) and Extended Special Edition Version (156 mins approx.)
- 2 Deleted Scenes With Audio Commentary
- Trailers – T2:3D (2017)
- T2 Theatrical Trailer ‘This Time There
- Are Two’/’Same Make New Mission’/’Building The Perfect Arnold
Collectors Edition Sculpture Specifications:
- Height: 28.9cm with base
- Weight: 13.5kg
- Box size: 458mm x 307 x 170mm
- Limited to 1100 in the UK all sculptures will be numbered
- *The discs will sit in a digipack inserted into the base of the skull*