Classic anime “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex” is getting an 11-disc complete series Zavvi exclusive release
Anime fans might want to check out this feature-packed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex set coming from Zavvi in June, featuring 52 episodes and 3 films over 11 discs, with a load of on-disc extras and a 140 page book.
Pre-orders will be live on March 28th (exact time TBC), so ignore the ‘sold out’ button before then.
In the not so distant future, mankind has advanced to a state where complete body transplants from flesh to machine is possible. This allows for great increases in both physical and cybernetic prowess and blurring the lines between the two worlds. However, criminals can also make full use of such technology, leading to new and sometimes, very dangerous crimes. In response to such innovative new methods, the Japanese Government has established Section 9, an independently operating police unit which deals with such highly sensitive crimes.
Led by Daisuke Aramaki and Motoko Kusanagi, Section 9 deals with such crimes over the entire social spectrum, usually with success. However, when faced with a new A-level hacker nicknamed “The Laughing Man,” the team is thrown into a dangerous cat and mouse game, following the hacker’s trail as it leaves its mark on Japan.
- Director: Kenji Kamiyama
- Composer: Yoko Kanno
- Voice actors: Atsuko Tanaka, Osamu Saka, Akio Ohtsuka, Koichi Yamadera, Tamagawa Sakiko & more
- Mecha Designers: Teraoka Kenzi & Tsuneki Shinobu
- Writers: Junichi Fujisaku, Yoshiki Sakurai, Dai Sato, Shotaro Suga & more
- And various other cast & crew such as concept artists, character designers, and animation directors.
- Packaged in a deluxe rigid box with metallic finish
- 11 blue-ray discs including 52 episodes & 3 films, housed in a custom digi-file and featuring new on-disc designs
- A treasure-trove of on-disc extras with cast & crew interviews, trailers, textless opening and TV spots
- An exclusive 140-page in-depth book, including interviews, cast & crew profiles, episode breakdowns and more
- Also features newly restored subtitles