Horror sequel “Beyond Re-Animator” is getting a new Special Edition release from Arrow in February
Their old DVD release is now long out of print, but Arrow are now bringing us a new and improved Blu-ray release of the third Re-Animator film.
Pre-orders are live now, and we’ll add more links as we get them.
WELCOME TO DEATH ROW. THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW…
Jeffrey Combs (The Frighteners) returns as everyone’s favourite mad doctor in Beyond Re-Animator, the second sequel to Stuart Gordon’s undisputed 1985 splatter classic Re-Animator.
Finally being held accountable for his catastrophic experiments in re-animating the dead, Dr Herbert West (Combs) finds himself incarcerated at a maximum-security penitentiary. With the arrival of a new prison doctor who happens to be an enthusiastic student of West’s work, the medical deviant is afforded the opportunity to resume his grisly studies – this time on his fellow inmates, with predictably hair-raising results.
Once again helmed by gore guru Brian Yuzna (Bride of Re-Animator, Society) with memorably imaginative make-up effects by Screaming Mad George (Society, The Guyver), Beyond Re-Animator breathes new life into the hit horror franchise.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 and 2.0 audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Brian Yuzna
- Isolated score track featuring an interview with composer Xavier Capellas
- Beyond & Back, an interview from 2018 with Yuzna
- Death Row Side Show, an interview from 2018 with Jeffrey Combs
- Six Shots by Midnight, an interview with S.T. Toshi, author of I Am Providence: The Life and Times of H.P. Lovecraft
- All in the Head: Brian Yuzna on the Re-Animator Chronicles, an archive interview with the director looking back at the franchise
- In Prison with the Dead, an on-set documentary made by Yazid Benfeghoul for his Gore News fanzine, featuring interviews with Yuzna, Screaming Mad George and others
- Production Art Gallery by illustrator Richard Raaphorst
- Electronic press kit featurette, plus interviews with Yuzna and the cast, and behind-the-scenes footage
- Press conference footage, featuring Yuzna and the cast
- Interviews filmed at the Sitges Film Festival in 2002
- Music video for “Move Your Dead Bones” by Dr. Reanimator
- Alternate opening credits
- Theatrical trailers
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring new and original artwork by Gary Pullin
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Xavier Aldana Reyes and Michael Doyle