Neill Blomkamp’s dark sci-fi “Elysium” is getting a Steelbook re-release from Zavvi in July
On July 31st, Zavvi are bringing us a re-issue of Neill Blomkamp’s visually stunning follow-up to District 9.
Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK time on Sunday 2nd July, so ignore the ‘sold out’ button before then.
In the year 2154, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) will stop at nothing to preserve the luxurious lifestyle of the citizens of Elysium – but that doesn’t stop the people of Earth from trying to get in by any means they can. Max (Matt Damon) agrees to take on a life-threatening mission, one that could bring equality to these polarised worlds.
- Collaboration: Crafting the Performances in Elysium: Meet the dynamic cast and get insight into how they prepared for their roles
- Engineering Utopia: Creating a Society in the Sky : A look at designing and creating the utopian space station
- Extended Scene – “Kruger Wakes Up”
- Visions of 2154 – An interactive exploration of the art and design of Elysium
- The Journey to Elysium:
- Envisioning Elysium – This diary explores all facets of pre-production
- Capturing Elysium – With production in Vancouver, Mexico, and on huge green screen stages, the challenge of filming was nothing short of massive. The filmmakers and cast discuss the journey through the film’s production
- Enhancing Elysium – This post-production diary explores the editing process
- In Support of Story: The Visual Effects of Elysium – An in-depth look at the process of shooting visual effects scenes and incorporating CGI environments and vehicles in post-production
- The Technology of 2154 – From independently functioning Droids to next-generation military tech that gives humans machine-enhanced power, get insight from the filmmakers on the technology of Elysium