Notorious horror classic “The Driller Killer” is getting a UK Steelbook release
Who’d have thought it… Back in the 80s horror films were bearing the brunt of the media scaremongering and BBFC over-zealousness.
And yet, over the last few years many of those movies have received painstaking and lavish restorations, special editions and steelbooks.
One of the most notorious, The Driller Killer, is the latest to get such treatment, with this awesome looking release that uses the original artwork, and will be released on November 27th.
Your gran will LOVE this in her collection.
We’re expecting pre-orders to be live imminently at Zavvi (ignore the ‘sold out’ button if you see it) and we’ll add more links as we get them.
In career that has encompassed such controversial classics as Ms. 45, Bad Lieutenant and Welcome to New York, none of Abel Ferrara s films have quite managed to match the shock, extremity and downright notorious nature of The Driller Killer.
Ferrara plays struggling artist Reno, a man pushed to the edge by the economic realities of New York living in the late seventies and the No Wave band practising in the apartment below. His grip on reality soon begins to slip and he takes to stalking the streets with his power tool in search of prey…
One of the most infamous video nasties , in part thanks to its drill-in-head sleeve, The Driller Killer has lost none of its power to unnerve and is presented here fully uncut.
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
- Limited Edition SteelBook featuring original artwork (2500 copies)
- Brand new restoration from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
- Brand new interview with Ferrara
- Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
- Mulberry St. (2010), Ferrara s feature-length documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever
- Collector s booklet featuring new writing by Michael Pattison and Brad Stevens