Humphrey Bogart film noir “In A Lonely Place” is coming to the UK Criterion Collection in May
The Criterion Collection cntinues to grow in the UK, with the release of this classic slice of nior from the director of Rebel Without A Cause.
In A Lonely Place is released on May 16th, and pre-orders are live right now.
Pre-order: Amazon UK | Zavvi | HMV
When a gifted but washed-up screenwriter with a hair-trigger temper HUMPHREY BOGART (Casablanca), in a revelatory, vulnerable performance becomes the prime suspect in a brutal Tinseltown murder, the only person who can supply an alibi for him is a seductive neighbour (The Big Heat’s GLORIA GRAHAME) with her own troubled past. The emotionally charged In a Lonely Place, freely adapted from a Dorothy B. Hughes thriller, is a brilliant, turbulent mix of suspenseful noir and devastating Melodrama, fuelled by powerhouse performances. An uncompromising tale of two people desperate to love yet struggling with their demons and each other, this is one of the greatest films of the 1950s, and a benchmark in the career of the classic Hollywood auteur NICHOLAS RAY (Rebel Without a Cause).
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- New audio commentary featuring film scholar Dana Polan
- I’m a Stranger Here Myself, a 1975 documentary about director Nicholas Ray, slightly condensed for this release
- New interview with biographer Vincent Curcio about actor Gloria Grahame
- Piece from 2002 featuring filmmaker Curtis Hanson
- Radio adaptation from 1948 of the original Dorothy B. Hughes novel, broadcast on the program Suspense
- PLUS: An essay by critic Imogen Sara Smith