Peter Jackson’s epic “Middle Earth” saga is getting a 6 film, 30 disc UK Collectors Edition
After being announced a couple of months ago in the US, a UK release for the Middle Earth saga Collectors Edition has been confirmed. Looking at the specs this seems to have everything from the US, with a comparably high price tag.
While it’s nice to get a set this puts together all the previously available extra features from the myriad of releases the various films have had over the years, it’s such a shame that the many, many hours of un-used behind the scenes footage and additional deleted scenes aren’t included. Buy all accounts Peter Jackson did offer/request to provide extra materials for this release, but Warner Bros turned him down. I’m sure they’ll find a way to
make more money release it in the future.
Anyway, there’s no denying this is a VERY handsome looking release, and it would look great in any collection, but if you already have the previous releases, you’re paying an awful lot for a few bits of merch, as beautiful as they no doubt will be.
Zavi’s pre-orders are live right now, but this isn’t listed as an exclusive release, so we’ll add more links when we get them.
Middle-earth Limited Collector’s Edition
- For the first time ever, Academy Award®-winning director Peter Jackson’s epic adventure is available in one spectacular limited collector’s edition box set.
- The Limited Collector’s Edition includes 30 discs featuring all six Middle-earth films in their extended edition forms, housed in six stunning faux leather books and a collectible Hobbit-style wood shelf. The one-of-a-kind wood shelf is crafted from solid wood with design selected by Peter Jackson.
- In addition to the extended edition release of every film, the collection also includes all previously released bonus content from both the theatrical and extended editions.
- Exclusive premiums designed for the collection include: · Spectacular 100-page sketch-style book with replica The Red Book of Westmarch, filled with original film sketches and new artwork · Original reproductions of exquisite watercolor paintings by acclaimed conceptual artists Alan Lee and John Howe, framable and wall-ready
THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY – Follow Bilbo Baggins, who – along with the Wizard Gandalf and 13 Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield – is swept into an epic and treacherous quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.
THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG – Our heroes escape the giant Spiders and Wood-elves of Mirkwood before encountering the mysterious Bard, who smuggles them into Lake-town. Finally reaching the Lonely Mountain, they confront the Dragon Smaug. THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES – The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed their homeland, but face the consequences of unleashing Smaug. As five great armies go to war, Bilbo fights for his life, and the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must unite or be destroyed.
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING – With the help of a courageous fellowship of friends and allies, Frodo Baggins embarks on a perilous mission to destroy the legendary One Ring. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS – In the middle chapter of this historic movie trilogy, the Fellowship is broken but its quest to destroy the One Ring continues. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING – The final battle for Middle-earth begins. Frodo and Sam, led by Gollum, continue their dangerous mission toward the fires of Mount Doom in order to destroy the One Ring.
- Extended Editions on Blu-ray (Digital uv-EE/TH)
- EXISTING Special features on Blu-ray and DVD.
- 6 FAUX LEATHER BOOKS FOR DISCS.
- 100-page RED BOOK OF WESTMARCH
- John Howe/Alan Lee paintings
want this so bad but that price? I cannot afford that.
I’d settle for the other two LOTR jumbo steelbooks.
Yeah me too. Been waiting for them for ages.
£299. Zavvi have the cheek to say we are saving £110. Jam it.
This is outrageously expensive and it doesn’t even include the 3D versions of The Hobbit or the discs of the theatrical versions, plus all the special features are on DVD rather than Blu-ray. At that price,the very least I expect is a 100% complete package!
Sorry Zavvi – you are having a laugh!
to be fair to Zavvi – and rememeber that currently not listed as an exclusive, so it’ll be interesting to see what others charge – I think it’s WarNe Bros are the ones taking the piss. Yes, it’s nice to have all previously released content collected together, but not include ANY new material from the hours and hours of available footage is inexcusable, whatever the price