The long-awaited “Middle Earth: Ultimate Collectors Edition” 4K collection is finally on the way in October
Following last year’s separate 4K releases of the Lord of The Rings and Hobbit trilogies, Warner Bros have now finally confirmed their long-awaited combined collectors edition release, set for October.
As expected, the set will contain the Theatrical and Extended editions of all 6 films on 4K and Blu-ray (with new transfers based on the 4K remasters), presented in individual digipacks, along with a One Ring replica, art cards and 64-page booklet, and a new exclusive bonus disc.
Contrary to previous expectations, previously-released extras will NOT be included, so we’re not quite sure it deservers the ‘Ultimate’ label…
Pre-orders are live now and we’ll add more links as we get them.
Pre-order: Amazon UK
This Ultimate Collector’s Set Includes:
- 31 discs include theatrical and extended versions of all 6 films with filmmaker commentaries on blu-ray™
- The Hobbit trilogy
- An Unexpected Journey
- The Desolation of Smaug
- The Battle of The Five Armies
- The Lord of The Rings trilogy
- The Fellowship of The Ring
- The Two Towers
- The Return of The King
- Exclusive blu-ray bonus disc
- Alamo Drafthouse cast reunion
- Cannes Festival Presentation Reel
- The One Ring Pendent
- 64 -page booklet of costume sketches, photography and production notes
- 7 travel poster art cards
- Collectable slipcase transforms into multiple display configurations