Check out this incredible new PERSONALISED “Withnail and I” Collectors Edition coming from Arrow in October
On October 20th, Arrow are bringing us something that I have certainly never seen before – a VERY special limited edition release of Withnail and I.
As well as a load of on-disc extras, and a 200 page coffee table book, there are 4 customisable packaging designs to choose from (500 copies of each), making each one truly unique.
There will apparently be another 2000 non-personalised copies available, and we’re just trying to get the details on that confirmed.
In the meantime, check out the info and images below, and get yours ordered now!
- There are four classic images to choose from as the cover of your personalised boxed set, including two original posters and images of Withnail, and I!
- With personalisation each edition is truly unique, choose a classic quote and even add your name, or that of a friend for a stunning gift!
- Once you have customised your box a number will be automatically generated. Each box will have a print run of just 500 copies.
- New 2K restoration of WITHNAIL and I from the original camera negative, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
- Bruce Robinson’s follow-up feature, How to Get Ahead in Advertising, newly transferred from original film elements and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of both films
- Original uncompressed mono 1.0 PCM audio for both films
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
- Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson, author of the BFI Modern Classic on WITHNAIL and I
- All four original ‘Withnail Weekend’ documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999, including The Peculiar Memories of Bruce Robinson, which looks at the director’s career, Withnail & Us, which focuses on the film’s making, and two shorter documentaries, I Demand to Have Some Booze and Withnail on the Pier
- Newly filmed interviews with key members of WITHNAIL and I’s behind-the-scenes team
- Theatrical trailers for both films
- Exclusive limited edition hardback book packaging (2,000 copies) containing new writing on the films, reprints of key articles on WITHNAIL and I, deleted scenes and more across 200 pages, illustrated with original production stills
- More to be announced!