Classic horror movie “The Shining” is getting a 40th Anniversary 4K Special Edition release in May
On May 18th you’ll be able to pick up this new 4K Special Edition release of Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of the Stephen King novel, The Shining.
Pre-orders are live now, and we’ll add more links as we get them.
Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Kubrick Classic, this limited edition set includes:
- 4K UHD Extended Cut
- Blu-ray Extended and Theatrical Cuts
- Exclusive Booklet
- Letter from Stanley Kubrick to Saul Bass
- Saul Bass Early Design Illustrations
- Behind-the-Scenes Imagery
- Replica Theatrical Poster.
Blu-ray Special Features:
- Commentary by Steadicam Inventor/Operator Garrett Brown and Historian John Baxer (on 4K and Blu-ray)
- Vivian Kubrick’s Documentary The Making of The Shining with Optional Commentary
- 3 Mesmerizing Featurettes:
- View from the Overlook: Crafting The Shining
- The Visions of Stanley Kubrick
- Wendy Carlos, Composer
Academy Award winner Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall star in director Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of Stephen King’s disturbing blockbuster horror novel. Writer Jack Torrance (Nicholson), a former alcoholic, accepts a job as the writer caretaker for a hotel high in the Rocky Mountains, isolating him, his wife (Duvall) and their psychic young son until spring. But when the first blizzard blocks the only road out, the hotel’s store energy from evil past deeds begins to drive Jack insane…and there may be no escape for his family in this haunting story of madness, memory and violence.