Steven Spielberg’s Sci-fi fairy tale “A.I. Artificial Intelligence” is getting a new Zavvi exclusive Steelbook release in April
On April 5th Zavvi are bringing us the next in their ‘Sci-fi Destination’ range, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, directed by Steven Spielberg.
Based on the short story ‘Super Toys Last All Summer Long’ by Brian Aldiss, the film spent many years being developed by Stanley Kubrick, who had wanted Spielberg to direct. Following Kubrick’s death, Spielberg picked up the reigns and finally brought the project to the screen. The result is unmistakably a Spielberg film, but he’s channeling Kubrick throughout, making it something really unique in his filmography.
Pre-orders will live around 12 noon UK time on Saturday February 20th for Red Carpet subscribers, and around 6pm for everyone else, so ignore any ‘sold out’ notices until then.
Our Red Carpet links don’t work properly for some reason, so you will need to log in first, then click the link below. Once the Red Carpet period is up, the link will work fine.
A.I Artificial Intelligence is the fourth release in the Sci-fi Destination Steelbook range. Each release includes a replica A3-sized theatrical poster.
Director Steven Spielberg’s futuristic sci-fi classic A.I. dazzles! When a prototype robot child named David (Haley Joel Osment) is programmed to love, his human family isn’t prepared. Now alone in a dangerous world, David befriends a streetwise robot (Jude Law) and embarks on a spectacular quest to discover the secret of his own identity.
- Documentary on bringing A.I. to the screen
- Interviews with Steven Spielberg, Haley Joel Osment and Jude Law
- Behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of A.I.
- Interview with Sound Designer Gary Rydstrom at Skywalker Ranch
- Visit to Stan Winston Studios with early “Teddy” footage
- Interviews with Lucasfilm’s ILM special effects group
- Trailers, storyboards, drawings and hundreds of photos
- And much, much more!