Sylvester McCoy’s season 26 of “Doctor Who” is getting a new features special edition release in December
The BBC are bringing another in their series of Doctor Who collection box sets, and this time it’s season 26, with Sylvester McCoy in the lead role.
As with previous release, this one is packed with documentaries, interviews, previosly missing footage, extended episodes and more.
The set is released on December 23rd, and pre-orders are live now.
Season 26 features four epic adventures traversing a future Britain invaded by inter-dimensional knights, a strange Victorian house haunted by ghosts from Ace’s past, an alien world populated by Cheetah People and a 1940s army camp under siege from monstrous vampires.
With guest stars including Nicholas Courtney (Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart), Anthony Ainley (The Master), Jean Marsh, Nicholas Parsons, Anne Reid, Ian Hogg, Sylvia Syms and comedy duo Hale & Pace, this fondly-remembered set of stories saw the end of an era for Doctor Who, and set the stage for its hugely successful revival.
Doctor Who: The Collection Season 26 contains several special features, including:
- Rare Restored Extended Cuts
- The Curse Of Fenric VHS Extended Version
- The Curse Of Fenric DVD Special Edition
- Battlefield VHS Extended Version
- Battlefield DVD Special Edition
- 5.1 surround sound & isolated scores
- On all 14 broadcast episodes, plus 5.1 sound on all extended versions of The Curse Of Fenric and Battlefield.
- Behind the Sofa
- New episodes with Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, plus companions Janet Fielding, Sarah Sutton, Anneke Wills and Jodie-Whittaker-era writers Pete McTighe & Joy Wilkinson.
- Showman – the Life of John Nathan-Turner
- A feature-length look at the life and career of Doctor Who’s longest-serving producer, who fought to keep the programme on-air during the 1980s. Contributors include Peter Davison and Colin Baker.
- Making ‘The Curse of Fenric’
- A brand new documentary featuring Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Tomek Bork, Nicholas Parsons, Cory Pulman, Marek Anton, Ian Briggs, Andrew Cartmel, Mark Ayres and Ian Collins featuring unseen behind-the-scenes footage and photographs.
- In Conversation
- Matthew Sweet chats to companion Sophie Aldred.
- The Writers’ Room
- Ben Aaronovitch, Marc Platt, Ian Briggs, Rona Munro and Andrew Cartmel discuss their work on Season 26.
- Becoming The Destroyer
- Actor Marek Anton and prosthetics designer Stephen Mansfield recall the creation of one of Doctor Who’s best ever monsters.
- Blu-Ray trailer
- Sophie Aldred back in character as Ace.
- Brand new Ghost Light extended workprint
- Unseen studio footage
- Rare archive treats
- Convention footage
- HD photo galleries
- Scripts, costume designs, rare BBC production files
- and other gems from our PDF archive
- And lots more!